Wednesday, July 2, 2008

no deer, no deer!

Living on 8 acres for 30 years has been both bliss and torment. Now that I'm retired, I really want some garden space with veggies and flowers. However, the deer who frequent the yard sneak around and eat many things! Who knew that lavendar is one of the items they (supposedly dislike). So...today I planted four lavendar plants surrounding the birdbath. At dinner, looking out the window into the backyard, I caught sight of two dear deer, munching on grass and some of the apple leaves (they had to stand on tiptoe). I held my breath as they passed by the birdbath...

...to be continued

3 comments:

m i c h e l l e said...

Hi Ilene...Hoo-ray and WELCOME to blogland, my sweet friend!!! :-)

We have some friends who live on Vashon Island and I was astounded that they have to "deer proof" everything about their yard and garden.

kecia deveney said...

congrats and welcome to blogging! you'll fast become addicted to it.
kecia

Laurel said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I have found it so much fun!

Okay, don't hate me - just remember that since I won that spelling bee in 8th grade, I really can't help myself.....lavender is spelled with three e's and no a's.